So, how do Solar Panels work?
A solar PV system will generates free energy from daylight for you to use in your home. The more solar energy you use during the day, the less you will need to draw from the grid. Saving you hundreds of pounds a year.
By using your free solar generated electricity you are protecting yourself against energy price rises and the current energy crisis.
A cleaner environment
Unlike burning fossil fuel, your solar PV system will not produce any carbon emissions. A typical solar system can save over 30 tonnes of CO2 emissions over twenty years. Thats about the same as the average new car. It’s great to do your bit for the environment.
Harness the sun – Solar panels made easy
During the day, solar panels on your roof turns sunlight into DC electricity.
An inverter changes the DC electricity to AC for use in your home.
Use this energy to power your home instead of drawing energy from the national grid.
Any excess energy you generate will either be sent back to the grid (for which you can get paid for) or can be stored in a battery for use at night.
Request a call back
Take control of your energy bills with the use of solar panels
In 2018, electricity prices hit a 10 year high. Staggering price hikes from the Big 6 energy companies dominated monthly headline news.
The Office of National Statistics shows us that over the past 15 years energy prices have increased by 280% and wholesale prices have increased by 50% in the past 12 months alone.
Now has never been a better time to install a solar PV system. By generating free, clean solar energy, with the addition of battery storage and time-of-use tariffs, you can be sure that your home is protected against future energy price rises.
*Statistics obtained from the ONS
Click to find out more
What are Enphase Microinverters?
We have a dedicated section just for Enphase Microinverters. We consider them to be at the top end of the inverter market.
Reasons to Install Solar
Many people ask “why is solar energy so good” without realising just how important solar energy is. Solar power has become the number 1 trend in renewable energy. Home owners all around the UK are now reaping the rewards of installing solar panels. Apart from financial benefits, there are many valid reasons why people are converting from fossil fuel to solar power.
1. Solar power is better for the environment. It is an obvious fact that solar energy is a clean green source of energy, solar power is a fantastic way to reduce your carbon footprint. Solar does not release any greenhouse gases and uses no other resources. Installing solar panels on your property is a great way of showing that you care about the environment.
2. Solar can make your home off grid. Traditional electricity is reliant on fossil fuels which are limited resources that change in price daily due to a volatile market. You can be less dependent on traditional electricity and protect yourself against utility price rise by investing in a solar system. This will give you the benefit of cheap electricity for the whole day and importantly it gives you energy security as well. With the right set up and advise it is possible to disconnect yourself from the national grid completely.
3. Solar energy can make use of under utilised land. With the increasing need for solar energy, we can make use of land that other wise would be under used. For example a 45 acre solar farm has been built quite recently in the UK, and has the ability to generate power for 2,500 homes.
4. Less electricity loss with solar power. Electricity has to be moved from large power plants to consumers via extensive networks which can equal power loss. Roof top solar electricity is therefore more efficient considering how little it has to travel. With solar energy you are much more in control of your bills and energy usage.
5. Solar power improves grid security. The more of us that switch to solar power the less likely it is that we will experience blackouts. Each house that has solar installed becomes its own power station, this in turn means we have better grid security. And with the roll out of the Smart Export Guarantee (SEG) you can be paid for any electricity that your system exports back to the grid.
6. Solar power creates economic growth and jobs in the UK. In 2015 the UK solar power industry employed 35,000 people thereby helping to grow the uk economy.
7. Solar power is a free source of electricity. From the moment your solar system is turned on you will begin to generate electricity and save money. The longer you have solar energy the more you will enjoy the benefits and also support the environment. It is also possible to use the sun for heating purposes utilising your hot water cylinder. Solar energy is happening right now and we can all take advantage of this technology.
Free quotes for solar energy. You can contact us via the call back form or find us on social media.